What To Know
- The method above is simple and easy to follow, and results in a tender and flavorful pork that can be used in a variety of dishes.
- The cooking time for pulled pork in an Instant Pot can vary depending on the size and thickness of the pork shoulder.
- For a healthier twist, you could serve the pulled pork over a bed of mixed greens or with a side of quinoa or brown rice.
The Instant Pot is an electric pressure cooker that cooks food quickly. It can also slow cook, sauté, and even make yogurt.
How To Pulled Pork Instant Pot
1. Rinse and cut the fat cap off of the pork shoulder.
2. Rub the entire shoulder with yellow mustard and coat with dry rub.
3. Set the Instant Pot to sauté and sear the pork shoulder on each side.
4. Add beef broth or beer to the pot and deglaze.
5. Add liquid smoke, if desired.
6. Cook on high pressure for 60 minutes.
7. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 30 minutes, then manually release the remaining pressure.
8. Shred the pork with two forks or stand mixer.
9. Serve on buns with barbecue sauce, coleslaw, and pickles.
Pulled pork is a delicious and versatile dish that can be made in the Instant Pot. The method above is simple and easy to follow, and results in a tender and flavorful pork that can be used in a variety of dishes. Whether you’re using it to make sandwiches, tacos, or burritos, pulled pork is sure to be a hit.
What Are The Benefits Of Cooking Pulled Pork In An Instant Pot?
- 1. Cooking pulled pork in an Instant Pot is quick and easy, making it a convenient option for those who are short on time.
- 2. The Instant Pot helps to lock in the moisture and flavor of the pork, resulting in a juicy and flavorful dish.
- 3. Cooking pulled pork in an Instant Pot helps to reduce the fat content, making it a more healthy option than traditional cooking methods.
- 4. The Instant Pot is a space-efficient kitchen appliance, making it a great option for those with limited kitchen space.
- 5. Cooking pulled pork in an Instant Pot is a cost-effective option, as it helps to save on both time and energy.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Pulled Pork In An Instant Pot?
Pulled pork is a delicious and versatile dish that can be made in many different ways. One popular method is to cook the pork in an Instant Pot, which is a great time-saving kitchen appliance. So, how long does it take to cook pulled pork in an Instant Pot?
The cooking time for pulled pork in an Instant Pot can vary depending on the size and thickness of the pork shoulder. For a smaller pork shoulder, the cooking time may be around 60 minutes. For a larger pork shoulder, the cooking time may be around 90 minutes.
It’s important to keep in mind that the cooking time may also vary depending on the desired level of tenderness and juiciness of the pork. If you prefer your pulled pork to be more tender, you may want to cook it for a longer period of time. If you prefer your pulled pork to be more juicy, you may want to cook it for a shorter period of time.
It’s also important to consider the temperature of the pork shoulder before cooking. If the pork shoulder is cold, it will take longer to cook. If the pork shoulder is at room temperature, it will take less time to cook.
Once the pork is cooked, you can shred it and serve it with a variety of sauces and sides. Some popular options include barbecue sauce, coleslaw, and baked beans.
Overall, cooking pulled pork in an Instant Pot is a quick and easy process. With a bit of trial and error, you can perfect the cooking time to achieve the perfect pulled pork dish.
What Should I Serve With Pulled Pork?
When it comes to side dishes, the possibilities are endless when it comes to serving pulled pork. Some delicious options include coleslaw, potato salad, roasted vegetables, mac and cheese, and baked beans. For a healthier twist, you could serve the pulled pork over a bed of mixed greens or with a side of quinoa or brown rice. Additionally, you can’t go wrong with a classic side of cornbread or dinner rolls. No matter what you choose, the delicious flavors of pulled pork will be sure to please everyone at your table.
Can I Cook Frozen Pulled Pork In An Instant Pot?
Yes, you can cook frozen pulled pork in an Instant Pot. However, it is important to note that the texture and cooking time may be affected. To cook frozen pulled pork in an Instant Pot, follow these instructions:
1. Add 1 cup of water or broth to the pot.
2. Place the frozen pulled pork in the pot.
3. Close the lid and set the valve to sealing.
4. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes per pound of pork.
5. Once the cooking time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then quick release any remaining pressure.
6. Remove the pork from the pot and shred it using two forks.
7. If desired, you can thicken the sauce by cooking it on the saute function for a few minutes.
8. Serve the pulled pork with your favorite side dishes.
Cooking frozen pulled pork in an Instant Pot is a quick and easy way to get a flavorful meal on the table. However, it is important to note that the texture of the pork may be affected, as it will not be as tender as fresh pulled pork. If you are concerned about the texture, you may want to consider thawing the pork before cooking.
How Should I Store Leftover Pulled Pork?
When it comes to storing leftover pulled pork, there are a few key things to keep in mind. First, it’s important to let the meat cool completely before storing it. This usually takes about 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the batch. Once the meat has cooled, you can wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container.
It’s best to store the pulled pork in the refrigerator, where it will keep for up to four days. If you’re planning to keep the meat for longer than that, you can freeze it. To do this, place the cooled meat in a freezer-safe bag or container, making sure to press out as much air as possible before sealing it. The pulled pork will keep in the freezer for up to three months.
When you’re ready to eat the leftover pulled pork, you can reheat it in the oven, on the stovetop, or in the microwave. If you’re reheating it in the oven, preheat it to 250 degrees Fahrenheit and place the meat in a baking dish or on a rimmed baking sheet. Cover the dish or sheet with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes, until the meat is heated through. If you’re reheating it on the stovetop, place the meat in a saucepan or skillet over medium heat and add a splash of water or broth to keep it moist. Cover the saucepan or skillet and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the meat is heated through.
In conclusion, the Instant Pot is a powerful tool that can make your life easier in many ways. Pulled pork is just one delicious example of the many things you can make in your Instant Pot. So, what are you waiting for? Get cooking!